In order to achieve some value…
Liz Keogh says “RIP As a… I want… So that…” (via David Anderson). This also ties in with what Chris Matts has being describing as Feature Injection. What I like about this idea is that it provides the link between the MMF and the User Story.
Liz proposes a new format:
- In order to <achieve some value>
- As a <role>
- I want <some feature>
The <some value> is a MMF – Minimal Marketable Feature. However, where minimal is still quite big, then MMFs can be broken down into <features>, which are more traditional User Stories. Thus the format gives a simple way of managing the relationship between the small incremental functionality pieces, and the larger value pieces.
Thanks Liz and Chris!
- Heuristics for Building the Right Thing
- The Value Impact
- Linking Flow, Value and Capability
- The Economics of Raking Leaves
- Starting An Agile Transition With Why
- People and Process: Two Sides of the Same Coin
- A Model for Creating a Kanban System
- From KFC Development to PVC Systems
- Isn't Kanban Just a Task-board?
- Kanban and the New New Product Development Game